FOM Name: DMA
Model Number: RSA III
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (email@example.com, 608-263-1735)
Location: B42 Engineering Hall
The RSA III tests the dynamic mechanical properties of solid materials by using a servo drive linear motor to mechanically impose an oscillatory deformation, or strain, upon the material being tested. The material is coupled between the motor and a transducer, which measures the resultant force generated by material deformation. Strain amplitude and test frequency are set by the operator, and the actual sample deformation is determined by the measured actuator and transducer displacement. Test methods: strain-controlled dynamic test, strain-controlled transient test.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Temperature range: -150 to 600 °C
- Modulus Range: 103 to 3 x 1012 Pa
- Frequency Range: 2 x 10-3 to 80 Hz
- Max. Force: 35 N
- Min. Pretension (for Tensile): 0.001N
- Tan delta Range: 0.0001 to 10 rad
- Dynamic Sample Deformation: ±0.5 to 1,500?M
- Tools: Parallel plates (8mm, 15mm, 25mm), three-point bending tool, fiber and film tool