FOM Name: Rheometer
Model Number: ARES Rheometer
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-263-1735)
Location: B42 Engineering Hall
The ARES is a mechanical spectrometer that is capable of subjecting a sample to either a dynamic (sinusoidal) or steady shear strain deformation, and then measuring the resultant torque expended by the sample in response to this shear strain. Shear strain is applied by the motor; torque is measured by the transducer. Strain amplitude and frequency are set by the operator, with the actual sample deformation determined by the measured motor and transducer displacement. Test methods: strain-controlled dynamic, strain-controlled steady, strain-controlled transient, stress-controlled transient.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Temperature range: -150 to 600° C
- Angular velocity range : 2×10-6-200 rad/s
- Strain amplitude: 5 ?rad-500 mrad
- Angular frequency: 1×10-5-200 rad/s
- Transducer torque range: 0.2 &#mu;N/m-100 mN./m
- Normal/axial force range: 0.002-20 N
- Tools: Parallel plates (8mm, 25mm, 50mm), cone and plate (25 mm, 50 mm)