Deposition is an additive process.
The Angstrom Evaporator is a physical vapor deposition system that uses an electron beam as the heat source to melt materials for deposition of thin films on substrates.
Due to safety and contamination considerations, materials allowed in this tool are restricted. See the list of allowed materials in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Uses a Telemark focused electron beam hearth and power supply.
- The system has a pc based software program to control the vacuum and deposition processes.
- High vacuum is achieved by a cryo-pump.
- The hearth holds 4 -15cc crucibles.
- A crystal oscillator is used to monitor the film thickness in-situ.
- The evaporation system has a rotating dome, which holds several 4” wafers.
- Adapters are available to hold 2 and 3” wafers as well as small pieces.
- Source Material available:
- The system is for depositing non-toxic materials.
- Only metals are allowed in the tool, no dielectrics.
- Maximum film dep thickness is 800 nm.