Contact: Kurt Kupcho, 608-262-2982
Location: NFC cleanroom, Engineering Centers Building 3rd Floor
FOM name: DEP Ion Mill
Model: NFC fabricated
Ion milling is a subtractive process.
The ion mill is an etching process utilizing physical sputtering with no chemical reactions.
Due to safety and contamination considerations, materials allowed in this tool are restricted. See the list of allowed materials in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The Veeco (ITI) 3cm ion source is a compact, radiantly cooled DC design, with filament neutralization.
- Power for the gun is an MPS-3000 Power supply.
- High vacuum is achieved by a cryo-pump.
- Water cooled 4” wafer substrate holder.
- The system is for etching non-toxic materials.
- Some ability to do samples that are not a 4” wafer.