FOM Name: Quartz Microbalance
Model Number: Q-Sense E4
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (email@example.com, 608-263-1735)
Location: B48 Engineering Hall
Q-Sense E4 instrument employs Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation Monitoring (QCM-D) technique. By tracking mass changes and viscoelastic properties of thin-film deposits formed on a standard gold-coated quartz crystal microbalance sensor, QCM-D measurements can be used for studies of surface and surface-bound processes such as adsorption, cross-linking, aggregation, swelling, dissolution, corrosion, etc. The flow modules permit flowing liquid or gas as a medium being in contact with the sensor. 4-line peristaltic pump ensures stable liquid flow rate in both directions.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Number of flow modules: 4
- Sensors: 14 mm diameter polished AT-cut quartz, 5 MHz resonant frequency, gold electrodes
- Frequency range: up to the 13th overtone, 65 MHz for a 5 MHz sensor
- Active sensor area: ~ 20 mm^2
- Max load: ~ 1 ug/mm^2
- Typical mass sensitivity in liquid: 18 pg/mm^2
- Volume in contact with each sensor: ~ 40 uL
- Flow rates: 0 – 1 mL/min
- Temperature range: 15 – 65 °C, stability +- 0.02 °C
- Max time resolution: ~ 100 data poits per second