FOM Name: Prep FEI Vitrobot
Model: FEI Vitrobot Mark IV
Contact: Alex Kvit (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-265-4458)
Location: MSE Room 177A
The FEI Vitrobot is an automated cryo TEM sample preparation unit that plunge freezes aqueous samples (vitrification). Critical vitrification parameters such as temperature and humidity can be precisely controlled for consistent sample preparation.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Working temperature 4 – 60 C
- Peltier controlled heating/cooling
- Maintain relative humidity at 100%
- Touch screen control and setup
- Automated shutter control allows smooth, instant injection of the sample grid into the coolant. A lift for the container brings the coolant close to the shutter to ensure optimal vitrification