FOM Name: Ellipsometer IR VASE
Model Number: J. A. Woollam Mark II IR-VASE
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (email@example.com, 608-263-1735)
Location: B46 Engineering Hall
J.A.Woollam Mark II IR-VASE ellipsometer is a research-grade instrument that combines sensitivity to chemical composition of FTIR spectroscopy with sensitivity to very thin films of spectroscopic ellipsometry. IR-VASE offers a powerful non-contact non-destructive method to characterize optical constants (index of refraction, coefficient of extinction, anisotropy, Mueller matrix), film thickness, material composition, chemical structure, free charge carriers, electronic transitions, etc. in a wide spectral range from far to near infrared.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Optical configuration: RCE (rotating compensator ellipsometer)
- Spectral range: 1.7 – 30 micrometers (333 – 5900 cm-1)
- Spectral resolution: 1 – 64 cm-1
- Detector: DTGS
- Angles of incidence: 26° – 90°
- Max sample size: 200 mm x 200 mm, 20 mm thickness
- Sample plane: vertical
- Typical data acquisition rate (complete spectrum with 16 cm-1 resolution): 1 – 30 min
- Accessory: HTC-100 heat stage, room temperature – 300 °C, 70° angle of incidence, passive cooling, 50 mm sample size