FOM Name: Contact Angle
Model Number: Dataphysics OCA 15 Plus
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-263-1735)
Location: B46 Engineering Hall
Dataphysics OCA 15 plus Contact Angle measuring device with SCA 20 software calculates surface and interfacial tension from the contours of pendant and sessile drops. It includes TEC 400 temperature/environmental control chamber for measurements above room temperature and under protective atmosphere. The software offers calculation of the surface free energy of solids and their components: dispersion, polar and hydrogen bond force contribution, acid and base portions.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Measurement modes: sessile drop/captive bubble and pendant drop
- Range of surface and interfacial tension: 0.01 – 2000 mN/m
- Resolution: min. +- 0.05 mN/m
- Dosing system: automatic, compatible with standard Hamilton syringes
- Measuring stage adjustments: X, Y, and Z axis
- CCD video camera: 752 x 582 pixels, up to 25 images per second
- Optical system: x0.7 – x4.5 magnification, <0.05% optical distortion, +- 6 mm continuous fine focus
- Methods of the surface free energy of solids calculation: Wu, Zisman, Owens-Wendt, Fowkes, Extended Fowkes, Acid-base theory, Schultz 1, Schultz 2, Equation of state theory.