FOM Name: DSC PerkinElmer 8000
Model Number: PerkinElmer DSC 8000
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (email@example.com, 608-263-1735)
Location: B42 Engineering Hall
The DSC measures temperatures and heat flows associated with thermal transitions in a material. Properties measured by DSC techniques include heat capacity at different temperatures, parameters of glass transitions, phase changes (melting, crystallization), product stability, and cure kinetics.
PerkinElmer DSC 8000 has an original double-furnace design based on power compensation measurement principle. Unlike simplified heat-flux designs, this DSC measures heat effects directly as a Joule heat compensating for sample-reference temperature difference. This method ensures accurate heat and heat capacity measurements. Increased temperature range and high achievable heating and cooling rates are among other advantages of this instrument.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Temperature Range: -180 to 750° C
- Atmosphere: Nitrogen, Oxygen
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.05° C
- Calorimetric dynamic range: ±1.3 W
- Calorimetric accuracy: ±0.2 %
- Data acquisition: Isothermal, linear temperature scanning, temperature modulated
- Typical pan type: Aluminum standard. Aluminum hermetic, gold, platinum, copper, and carbon pans are available upon request. Sealed TA Instruments Q100 pans can be used also.
- Typical sample size: 3-8 mg
- Autosampler: included