FOM Name: Rigaku SAXS
Contact: Don Savage (email@example.com, 608-263-0831)
Location: ERB Rm 832
The Rigaku SAXS has a Cu ka x-ray source and operates at 40W. In the highest resolution configuration the minimum angle measured is 5.8 x 10 –4 radians. A Linkam heating/cooling stage is available with a temperature range of -50C to 300C with 0.5C degree precision.
Examples of materials analyzed with SAXS include polymers, biomaterials, fibers, colloids, metals and liquid crystals.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- X-ray source – micro focus Cu Ka sealed tube with cross coupled multilayer mirrors
- operates at 40 W
- 20 µm by 20 µm source size
- Automatic multiple sample scanning capability
- Heating and cooling: Linkam temperature stage (single sample only) allows -50C to 300C with 0.5C degree precision. A liquid cell is available.
- Sample to detector length: 2 meters
- Detector is 2-dimensional multi-wire with 1024 by 1024 wires over a 6-inch area. In highest resolution configuration: Minimum Angle measured – 5.8 x 10 –4 radians
- qmin (Angstroms –1) = 0.0066
- dmax (Angstroms) = 950
- beam size at detector < 1.5 mm