FOM Name: FIB FEI Helios PFIB G4
Model: ThermoFisher Helios G4 UX
Contact: Rick Noll (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-263-3667)
Location: MSE Room 120
The Helios Plasma Focused Ion Beam (PFIB) workstation is a fully digital, extreme high resolution (XHR) field emission scanning electron microscope (FE-SEM) equipped with an inductively coupled plasma (ICP) focused ion beam (PFIB). It allows in-situ large area sample preparation and high resolution imaging and analysis of hundreds of micron sized areas. Site specific, high volume material removal for top down deprocessing, cross-sectioning, chunking and TEM sample preparation on individual die and/or packaged parts in a laboratory environment.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- XHR electron optics (magnetic immersion lens type) with electrostatic scanning,and advanced SE detection
- An ultra-high brightness NG electron source
- Electron Beam Deceleration for improved low energy performance, access to ultra-low landing energies (down to 20 eV) and balanced topographic and material contrasts.
- An optional high-sensitivity, retractable solid-state backscattered detector (DBS)
- Complete suite of standard high-sensitivity detectors for superior detection of SE and BSE signals even at low landing energies, with the ability to acquire simultaneous SE and BSE images.
- PFIB Ion Column for outstanding performance in high volume material removal and precision milling
- Integrated control of the MultiChem Gas Delivery System to deliver precise, repeatable doses to the sample as well as mix gas precursors prior to injection. At least one metal deposition precursor must be selected with up to an additional five selectable precursors optionally available, including up to two external gases.
- A high-precision, 5-axes eucentric specimen stage with 150 mm travel along the x and y axes.
- An integrated beam current measurement
- A high-resolution, 16-bit digital patterning engine capable of Simultaneous Pattern and Imaging (SPI™)
- An integrated Real Time Monitor (iRTM)
- Selective Etch Software to enable contrast selective milling
- A system architecture which is optimized for automation to support consistent EFI sample preparation or Slice and View applications
- Optional iFast™ Academic Science automation package enables engineers to quickly and easily create new recipes or modify existing recipes for use with the iFast Runner