FOM Name: Indenter Bruker PI85/95 Pico indenter
Model Number: Bruker PI85
Contact: Julie Morasch (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-3613)
Instrument Center: NIAC
Instrument Location: EH Room B29
The Bruker PI 85 Picoindenter is an in situ mechanical testing device that operates within a SEM. Video capture of the SEM signal allows correlation of the images with mechanical testing results. The SEM picoindenter is equipped with a standard transducer with a max force of 10 mN and a high load transducer with a max force if 100 mN. A 5 µm flat punch probe and a cube corner probe are available for both transducers.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Flat punch (5 µm) and cube corner indenter probes available
- Max Force 10 mN (standard transducer), 100 mN (high load transducer)
- Force Noise Floor <0.4 µN
- Max Displacement 5 µm (standard transducer), 150 µm (high load transducer)
- Displacement Noise Floor <1 nm
- Feedback Control Rate 78 kHz
- Max Data Acquisition Rate 39 kHz Sample
- Positioning Range XYZ >3 mm
- DMA analysis: 1 Hz – 300 Hz