FOM Name: Indenter Bruker Hysitron TI-950 Triboindenter
Model: Bruker Hysitron TI-90 Triboindenter
Contact: Nick Bulloss (email@example.com)
Location: MSE Room 177A
The TI 950 TriboIndenter nanoindenter has been developed as an automated, high throughput instrument to support the numerous nanomechanical and nanotribological characterization techniques developed by Hysitron. Transducers available for the TI 950 include scratch, dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA), high load (to 10 N), acoustic emission, conductive probe and Xprobe, allowing for a wide range of testing methods.
Probes available for the standard transducers: Berkovich, 1 µm cono-spherical, 5 µm cono-spherical, and 50 µm cono-spherical. An extended z stage (to 500 µm) and a high temperature stage is also available.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Load resolution of <1 nN with < 30 nN noise floor, and a displacement resolution of <0.02 nm with <0.2 nm noise floor
- Operates in both load and displacement control
- Large force range available for testing (max 10 N)
- Automated testing for high-throughput sampling of materials
- In-situ scanning-probe imaging with the indenter tip (imaging contact force <70 nN)
- Large sample stage (250 mm x 150 mm) for mounting a wide range of sample sizes
- Many test modes are available, including dynamic mechanical analysis (nano-DMA), scratch and wear testing, electrical contact resistance, and acoustic emission monitoring
- Ultra sensitive force and displacement noise floors (<2nN, <0.02nm) with xProbe transducer