The Diamond Scribe tool has a diamond-tipped scribe that is dragged across a wafer creating a scratch in the wafer surface. When the wafer is stressed, the wafer separates along the scribe lines. The breaks follow the crystal structure of the wafer, creating a right-angle edge on the die.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The RA120M has two independent scribing axes that are programmed separately.
- The system is microprocessor controlled to accurately place the scribe lines with a precise force on the diamond tip.
- Three scribing modes are available: continuous, edge and skip.
- The parameters can be entered as either microns or mils for scribing wafers up to 100 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
- Display message prompt a user through the sequence of scribing steps.
- Will not scribe wafers greater than 100mm in diameter.