The MEI 709 Die Attacher uses vacuum collets to help attach small dies to a package. The die attacher has a die dish to contain the die to be bonded. First, the package is placed onto the heated work stage. Next, a die is picked up from the dish by using a vacuum collet on the end of a z-position arm. The die is placed onto the package with the z-position arm. A microscope allows for the close inspection of the die position and a micro-positioner locates the die position accurately. The z-position arm has the capability of “scrubbing” the die onto the package surface while hot inert gas flows.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Several vacuum collets for moving dies as small as 0.5mm2 and as big as 5mm2
- Hot forming gas option for flowing at the die during placement
- Optional heated package stage
- Optional scrubbing capability during placement of die on package
- Works with dies as small as 0.5mm2 up to 5mm2