The Disco DAD3221 is a precision saw for cutting various substrates up to 160 mm diameter with cut positioning in 0.1 micron steps and speeds up to 100 mm/s. The tool may be operated in a highly customizable manual mode or in a fully automatic mode in which image processing software can automatically align the wafer to a user-defined cutting program. The saw may be fitted with different blade types to cut most materials and is commonly used to cut dies from semiconductor, glass and ceramic substrates.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The tool can dice wafers sizes 2”-6”.
- The saw can dice small pieces as well with proper mounting of the samples.
- Blades are available for cutting the following substrates:
- Gallium Phosphide
- Indium Phosphide
- Lithium Niobate
- Silicon on Insulator on Silicon
- Substrates must be properly mounted to mylar film or mounted to a hard mount.
- Sample thickness to be cut cannot exceed 1mm.