FOM Name: ETCH Reactive Ion Etcher
Make/Model: Plasma-Therm 790
Contact: Kurt Kupcho (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-2982)
Location: Engineering Centers Building 3rd Floor Cleanroom
The RIE system is computer controlled. The operator runs programmable recipes where process pressure, gases, and RF power can be defined. The process chamber is 11 inches in diameter and the sample electrode is water cooled. The vacuum system consists of a dual stage rotary vane mechanical pump and a turbo molecular pump. The maximum RF power for this system is 500 Watts.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Process gases: O2, Ar, N2, He, CHF3, SF6, & CF4
- Plasma-Therm Cortex software controlled
- Aluminum or graphite sample electrode
- 35C water cooled sample electrode
- Turbo pump with backing mechanical pump
- 6” diameter wafers or smaller