FOM Name: ETCH ICP III-V Plasma Etcher
Make/Model: Plasma-Therm Apex SLR
Contact: Kurt Kupcho (email@example.com, 608-262-2982)
Location: Engineering Centers Building 3rd Floor Cleanroom
The ICP III-V Plasma Etcher system is equipped with a load-lock to transport wafers into the etch chamber while keeping the chamber under vacuum. The system has a 2MHz, 1000W inductively coupled coil used to generate and control the plasma density. The substrate is independently biased using a 13.56MHz, 600W power supply. The system computer controls the transfer of wafers between the load lock and the process chamber, the vacuum pumping cycles, and the process parameters. The system is configured for a single 4-inch diameter wafer and uses a mechanical clamp to hold the sample on the RF chuck. Helium backside cooling is used to help keep the sample at a stable set temperature.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Process gases: O2, Ar, H2, CH4, SF6, CF4, Cl, and BCl3
- Inductive Coupled Plasma (ICP)
- Sample electrode temperature control from 20 to 225C
- Mechanical clamping of wafer to electrode
- He backside cooling
- Plasma-Therm Cortex software controlled instrument
- Optimal Emission Spectroscopy
- 4” wafers required – smaller samples must be put on a 4” wafer
- ICP 1000W
- Platen 600W
- Process pressure < 100mT