FOM Name: ETCH PECVD/Dielectric RIE
Make/Model: Plasma-Therm 73/72
Contact: Kurt Kupcho (email@example.com, 608-262-2982)
Location: Engineering Centers Building 3rd Floor Cleanroom
The PECVD is the left chamber of the two-chamber unit. It has 4 gas channels, one purge line, and a 13.56 MHz RF power source capable of delivering 500 watts. The system is computer controlled, and users can select and run recipes. The system can deposit silicon oxide and silicon nitride.
The Dielectric RIE is the right chamber of the two-chamber unit for dry etching SiO2 and SiNx. The RIE chamber has 4 gas channels and one purge line. The RF power source is at 13.56 MHz and capable of 500 watts. The system is computer controlled by recipes, which can be run by the user.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Process gases for PECVD include: N2, N2O, 2% SiH4, & 5% NH3
- PECVD has 60C chamber walls
- PECVD sample platen goes up to 350C
- Process gases for RIE include: SF6, O2, CHF3, & CF4
- PECVD limited to SiO2 and SiNx depositions
- PECVD limited to films < 2um
- PECVD samples 6” diameter or smaller
- RIE samples 4” diameter or smaller
- System has a 500W power source