FOM Name: FURN Thin Film Stress Measurement
Make/Model: Tencor FLX-2320 Thin film Stress Measurement Tool
Contact: Frank Flack, 608-265-3148
Location: Engineering Centers Building 3rd Floor Cleanroom
The Tencor FLX-2320 is a thin-film stress measurement instrument. It accurately measures the changes in the radius of curvature of the substrate caused by the deposition of a stressed thin film on the substrate.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- FLX-2320 contains two solid-state lasers: a Class IIIA laser with 4mW power at 670nm wavelength and a Class IIIB laser with 4mW power at 750nm wavelength.
- Measurement range is 2E7 to 4E7 dyne/cm2
- Software manages the tool operation and the steps to make the measurements.
- Measurement results are organized in an easy to read spreadsheet format that can easily be exported to other data handling software such as Excel.
- Stress can also be measured as a function of time or temperature. The system has a temperature range from room temperature to 500°C.
- Films must be reflective.
- Substrates must be round. Fixtures are for 3, 4, and 5” wafers