FOM Name: DEP KLA-Tencor P7 Profilometer
Make/Model: KLA-Tencor P7
Contact: Frank Flack, 608-265-3148
Location: Engineering Centers Building 3rd Floor Cleanroom
The KLA-Tencor P7 Profiler is a highly sensitive surface profiler that measures step height, roughness, and waviness on sample surfaces. The KLA-Tencor Profiler systems use stylus-based scanning to achieve high resolution.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The MicroHead V SR (standard range) has a vertical range of 327 um and is capable of scanning at forces between 0.5 and 50 mg.
- The NFC unit has a 2um radius tip with a 60° angle installed that limits the maximum force to 2 mg.
- The system includes manual theta stage with stops and a fine theta adjustment of ± 5°.
- 2”-5” round substrates can be measured without special mounting jig.
- Small pieces require a sample mounting jig.
- The smallest allowed small sample is 3mm x 3mm.