The nitride system is Tube 2 of the Tystar furnace. The system uses a microprocessor sequencer to automatically control the in and out movement of the cantilever and process steps, which includes the tube temperature, the vacuum valves, the reaction pressure, and gas flow. Wafers are loaded onto boats and transferred into the tube by a cantilever system.
This instrument has material restrictions. Consult the allowed materials list for this instrument in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Two recipes have been developed to offer standard silicon nitride deposition or low stress nitride deposition.
- Process Temperature is about 835 deg C.
- Quartz boats are used to hold the substrates in the proper configuration in the process tube.
- Samples can be 3” or 4” round substrates.
- For maximum uniformity and repeatability, dummy substrates of the same size need to surround the substrate for deposition.