FOM Name: Glove Box
Model: VAC Nexus One
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-263-1735)
Location: B48 Engineering Hall
Nexus One Glove Box is used to prepare and manipulate samples in an inert and moisture free atmosphere. The instrument uses a computer to continuously monitor and control all glove box functions with a single operator interface. The Glove Box has attached vacuum pump to perform operations that require vacuum (gas phase silanization, for example). Built-in refrigerator for temperature sensitive samples can be activated upon request.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Construction materials inside: 304 st. steel, lexan glass window, butyl rubber gloves
- Antechamber size: 15″ diameter, 24″ long
- Purge gas: dry nitrogen generated by a liquid nitrogen tank
- Purity level: < 1 ppm oxygen, < 1 ppm water
- Purity tests available: Titanium tetrachloride test (moisture), Diethylzinc test (oxygen)
- Refrigerator temperature: down to -35 °C
- Refrigerator volume: 900 cubic inches