FOM Name: Microblaster
Model: Comco MB1002
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (email@example.com, 608-263-1735)
Location: B47 Engineering Hall
Sandblasting (or, more precisely, abrasive blasting) is a widespread method for cleaning and roughening surfaces. The main purpose of our Microblaster is roughening the backsides of Si wafers for infrared ellipsometry. However, it can be used in many activities including making frosted glass, marking hard substrates, cleaning and deburring delicate parts, etc.
Comco Microblaster MB1002 delivers a precisely controlled stream of abrasive particles through nozzles of different sizes and geometries. Clean and narrow size distribution abrasive media is used only. Dual Tank design offers 2 types of abrasive and 2 nozzles available at the same time.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Chamber interior dimensions: 23″ wide x 12″ deep x 9″ high.
- Chamber window: 23″ x 6.5″ tempered glass opening, x2.5 magnifier is available.
- Chamber lighting: 30 W cool white fluorescent light.
- Default abrasives: silicon carbide 0.05 mm (left tank), aluminum oxide 0.15 mm (right tank).
- Default nozzles: rectangular 0.3 mm x 3.8 mm (left tank), round 1.5 mm diameter (right tank). Round 0.76 mm and 1.2 mm nozzles are available upon request.