FOM Name: Reflectometer
Model: Filmetrics F20
Contact: Anna Kiyanova (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-263-1735)
Location: B47 Engineering Hall
Filmetrics F20 is used to measure the thickness and optical constants (index of refraction and coefficient of extinction) of transparent and semi-transparent thin films. Measured films must be optically smooth. Commonly measured films include semiconductor process films such as oxides, nitrides, resists, and polysilicon, optical coatings such as hardness and anti-reflection coatings, and other industrial coatings such as polyimides and diamond-like carbon. Films that can not be measured include very rough films and opaque films.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Thickness measurement range: 15 nm – 50,000 nm (typical values)
- Optical constant measurement range: 100 nm – 4000 nm
- Spot size: 0.5 mm
- Thickness accuracy: ±1 nm (at 500 nm thick silicon oxide on Si)
- Precision and repeatability: up to 0.1 nm
- Sample stages available: SS-1 (reflection, 0-2 mm thick samples) and LA1-RKM (reflection, thick samples)