Contact: John Jacobs (email@example.com, 608-262-3787)
Instrument Center: NIAC
Instrument Location: MSE Room 105B
The Thermo k-alpha x-ray photoelectron spectrometer is equipped with monochromatic Al k-alpha x-ray source for high energy resolution XPS analysis of a broad range of samples on spots as small as 30 µm. The instrument can perform hands off analysis of insulating materials. Additionally, the system is equipped with argon ion beam sputtering system for depth profiling and a gas cluster ion bombardment source which allows molecular depth profiling of polymeric materials.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Micro-focused monochromatic Al Ka X-ray source
- Small spot XPS analysis down to 30 µm areas
- Hemispherical electron energy analyzer allows high energy resolution analysis of chemical bonding
- One-click charge compensation system for simple analysis of insulating samples
- Argon ion source for rapid depth profiling
- Argon gas cluster ion bombardment for organic depth profiling and sample cleaning
- Wide range of sample handling options
- Unique optical sample viewing system allows high resolution real time viewing of analysis area
- Fully automated operation mode for unattended analysis
- Software allows fully integrated control, acquisition, processing, and data reporting