The Denton Discovery 24 is a research grade sputter deposition system for non-toxic materials. It is a multi-cathode system configured in a con-focal, sputter-down manner.
Due to safety and contamination considerations, materials allowed in this tool are restricted. See the list of allowed materials in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The system has two DC magnetron target stations and two target stations switchable between RF or DC.
- A 200mm diameter palette to hold the samples for deposition.
- The system is capable of performing an RF pre-clean on the substrate
- The substrate can be biased during deposition.
- The deposition may occur from multiple cathodes simultaneously in order to achieve a film which is a mixture of multiple targets.
- A quartz lamp to heat the wafers before or during deposition.
- High vacuum is achieved by a cryo-pump.
- Oxygen, nitrogen, and argon are available as sputter gases, and can be mixed in any ratio desired.
- Targets available:
|Aluminum (Al)||*Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)|
|Chromium (Cr)||*ITO (In2O3+10%SnO2)|
|Titanium (Ti)||*Zinc Oxide (ZnO)|
|Tungsten (W)||*Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)|
|Silver (Ag)||*Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3)|
|*Silicon Nitride (Si3N4)|
|*RF cathode only|
- Max Sample Size is 200mm Wafer. Wafers or substrate pieces are allowed.
- Max Temperature of the heater is 300 deg. C.
- Maximum film dep thickness is 800nm.
- Power to the targets is limited to the material or bonding method.