The CVC Sputter is a research grade sputter deposition system for non-toxic materials. It is a multi-cathode system configured in sputter-up manner.
Due to safety and contamination considerations, materials allowed in this tool are restricted. See the list of allowed materials in FOM.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The system has two 6” DC magnetron target stations, one 3” RF station, and one 3” DC magnetron station.
- Samples are mounted on a rotating table configured for 3” and 4” wafers.
- Smaller samples can be mounted with adapter mounts or small fixtures.
- High vacuum is achieved by a cryo-pump.
- Argon and nitrogen are available as sputter gases. They can be mixed in any ratio desired.
- Targets available:
|Aluminum (Al)||*Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)|
|Chromium (Cr)||*ITO (In2O3+10%SnO2)|
|Al/Si/Cu||*Zinc Oxide (ZnO)|
|Tungsten (W)||*RF cathode only|
- Maximum wafer sample size is 100mm. Whole wafers or substrate pieces are allowed.
- Maximum film deposition thickness is 2um.
- Power allowed to the targets is limited, based upon the material or bonding method.